Ohio State Testing
1. Make sure your child goes to bed on time so he or she is well-rested.
2. Keep your routine as normal as possible.
3. Plan ahead to avoid conflict on the morning of the test. Avoid vacations or doctor’s appointments on the day of the test if possible.
4. Get up a few minutes early to avoid rushing and make sure your child arrives at school on time.
*Please Note: Students that arrive to school after 9am will not be permitted to enter to classroom and will have to wait in the office until testing is completed. They will make up the test that afternoon. This is to ensure that there are no distractions for the other students that have already begun the test.
5. Have your child eat a nutritious breakfast. There is a strong correlation between eating breakfast and memory and cognitive functions. Our wonderful PTO has graciously offered to provide a breakfast for every 3rd grade student on the morning of each testing day!
6. Have your child dress comfortably.